Procida is the smallest, and considered the most “authentic”, of the Bay’s three main islands. Barely frequented and known by tourists, this is the island those looking for a more genuine locals experience will want to visit. Inhabitants of the island quietly live their day to day lives without much interruption or influence from tourist centers or the mainland. Upon arriving ashore you will be greeted with a colorful scheme of cubic houses along the waterfront.
The island is only 4 square kilometers. If you are not looking for a day of beach lounging, covering most of the island on bike or foot shouldn’t be a problem. Bike hire and boat trips are available once you reach the island.
Sights to see on Procida:
1) Castello d’Avalos- previously a Bourbon hunting lodge and prison.
2) Abbazia di San Michele Arcangelo- old Benedictine abbey, contains paintings and catacombs.
3) Corricella- colorful pink and yellow village at the marina.
4) Chiaia beach- possibly the island’s most beautiful beach.
5) Marina di Chiaiolella- go here for good eats, old-style
If you want to acquire a new skill, diving courses are available. It is also possible to hire the equipment, and you may also charter a yacht.
How to get there:
If you are here, you will sleep like at home!! https://t.co/HHV2ZmHwuj
Live Naples Like a Local! Spring has arrived and the weather is getting great and hot ! the Kayak Tour is leaving... https://t.co/bvPZuUochv
This Sunday we will climb up Mt.Vesuvius on horseback and enjoy the sunset by Naples Bay from the volcanic rocks... https://t.co/088lw94XiW